10/10 (Expert Score)Product is rated as #1 in category Website Tools
- Really simple and easy to use
- Has a vast library of mockups that grows on almost a daily basis
- Creates excellent video marketing content
- Plenty of designs, videos, special media posts to make
- Uses models to give your brand a personal connection with high-quality videos and photos
- Amazing visualization tool
- Quick and effortless
- Doesn’t suit professional mockups or designs
- No gif support, advanced cropping, or realistic blurring
- Pricey if you don’t get a subscription
- Doesn’t provide its subscription’s worth if you don’t use it to design in bulk
- One logo download costs $39.95
- Doesn’t allow you to download in different formats or resolutions
How you present your ideas, creations, and projects is of utmost importance if you want others to understand how effective or how robust they are. However, not all of us have the resources to invest in learning how to make a design that shows prospects exactly what we have to offer.
What’s more, not all of us have the money or financial means that enable us to hire a designer. Does that mean all hope is lost? Not with Placeit!
In this Placeit review, I’ll tell you exactly how this website is a gamechanger. Not just because it’s easy to use, but also because it’s super effective and requires absolutely no previous experience in design.
What Is Placeit?
Placeit is the oldest mockup tool, having been founded in 2013. It offers thousands of video, graphic design, and apparel templates that you can download and edit in just a matter of moments to create mockups effortlessly. In this Placeit review, we go over how you can do that.
Not only does it offer those smart mockup designs, but it also provides you with some marketing and branding tools. For example, it can help you make logos, t-shirt designs, and different merch that looks professional.
If you take ages to cook up the actual designs and you need a tool that helps you cut down the duration to a minimum, Placeit is definitely what you need to be using.
It’s an ideal alternative to going through endless websites to find a good mockup, entering your email address into a million fields and being spammed afterward, or paying for other services or programs that don’t give you this level of hands-free creation.
Who Should Use Placeit?
If you’re a non-designer that wants to create branded items that reflect the quality of your business, but you have no technical or artistic skills, Placeit is the place to create smart mockups. It doesn’t require prior knowledge of Photoshop or any editing principles.
And even if you’re an experienced designer, you could definitely make use of the time you save by speeding up your workflow. Placeit helps you create high-quality mockups that make it easier for clients to visualize the implementation of the design in context.
However, I would definitely not recommend Placeit for someone who wants to do professional work as the images aren’t exactly pixel perfect. They’re just suitable for making fast and effective mockups.
How to Use Placeit?
Placeit is a handy tool that provides you with an ever-growing library of templates from which you can choose to your heart’s delight. You can create and design logos, design templates, high-resolution mockups, drag and drop videos, and gaming designs.
When it comes to establishing a business, you must create a logo that conveys your brand’s aesthetic and vibe. For this, you need a robust logo maker that will enable you to create the best possible logo for your business, shop, or online store.
That’s where Placeit chimes in. Placeit helps you create an excellent logo in a matter of clicks. It comes with over 8,000 logo design templates with very simple editing and personalization options.
- To create the perfect logo, all you have to do is follow the following steps:
- Click on the “Logos” tab to get every logo design.
- Type your brand’s name in the field under “Let’s make a logo!”.
- Pick your industry category or look up your niche.
- Start customizing the logo according to the colors you like or associate with your brand, but make sure to use a consistent color scheme. Placeit tailors the logo suggestions according to the colors you choose.
- Then, you can tweak the components of the logo according to your preferences, including the text, font, frame, and so on.
- When you’re happy with the design, click the save button and download your design.
Whatever you’re designing, be it t-shirts, flyers, social media images, or business cards, you’ll undoubtedly be able to find a decent design template for it on Placeit. And you can do so through the following steps:
- Click on the “Design Templates” tab on Placeit’s website.
- Select the asset you want to design from Placeit’s several options.
- Click on the template you like and get to the customization.
- Add text, change the font, set a featured image, or adjust the frame to meet your specifications.
- When you’re happy with the final design, click save and download it.
A mockup is a pre-existing template for a piece of merchandise. Placeit mockups allow you to create high-resolution fashion items, whether you’re looking to create t-shirts, leggings, hoodies, hats, tank tops, or more. You can even create designs on mugs, tote bags, pillows, banners, coupons, phone cases, etc.
Using Placeit, you can prepare around 4 mockups in under a minute. Compare this to the 10-12 minutes needed to prepare one using conventional methods, and you can easily see why Placeit is the ideal solution for creating mockups.
For whatever you want to execute, you’ll find all the styles, looks, themes, and angles you need. You can find images on the internet, upload your own, or even import from a URL.
Placeit comes with over 22,000 mockup templates in the mockups creator that you can choose from and gives you a wide scope of design options. You can customize those templates by adding your own text, images, designs, and more, and that’s through the following steps:
- Choose the “Mockups” tab located at the top of the Placeit site.
- Select the type of mockup design you want to create.
- Browse the wide options and vast library of designs and templates.
- After selecting a template, customize it by adding your own text and images. You can also crop graphics to meet your needs.
- When you’re happy with your final mockup, hit the save button and download it.
The best thing about Placeit is how easy it is to incorporate your own images into the pre-existing templates, themes, and designs. It’s also super easy to customize your mockups according to your own preferences and branding needs.
You can utilize the Placeit drag and drop video maker tool to create product demos, Instagram stories, and social media marketing videos. Video content is very effective when it comes to engaging with your audience, and Placeit gives you so many options.
For example, you can make a quick film for your business to promote the latest products, introduce yourself to new customers, or create a viral sensation. As a matter of fact, data suggests that videos work better when it comes to capturing people’s attention than images alone.
In the realm of social media, videos generate up to 12 times the number of shares than text or images combined. Not only that, but your business site is more likely to get visitors with video content. 41% more likely than a site that doesn’t have videos, in fact.
Placeit allows you to create videos easily thanks to the hundreds of video templates it has to offer for various types of videos. You can get started with its video maker through the following steps:
- Click the “Videos” tab on the Placeit site.
- Choose the video format you want to create from options that include slideshow videos, Instagram stories, intro templates, a video on a product demo, a video for Instagram, etc.
- Browse Placeit’s library of video templates and select the one you think suits your purpose.
- Edit the video’s text, playback speed, colors, and images to suit your brand.
- Add one of the 1,300+ audio tracks found in the Placeit audio library. These include a range that covers alternative beats to jazz, and you can choose the right tunes to match your company’s image and vibes.
- When you’re done and ready, download your video and enjoy using it for effective marketing.
If you want to brand your gaming channel by tweaking your Twitch profile, and Placeit gives you all the help you need to do exactly that.
Over the last 10 years, gaming has only increased in popularity. Some people have even made a career from streaming their gameplay online. Be it Twitch or Youtube, there’s a potential of earning money through live-streaming your gameplay.
And if you’re looking for an effective way to brand your gaming channel and stand out from the crowd, Placeit provides the perfect solution for doing that easily.
Placeit can help you create amazing templates to brand your gaming channel, including your logo, assets on Twitch, and even merchandise you want to sell. To do so, all you have to do is the following:
- Click on the “Gaming” tab at the top of the Placeit site.
- Choose the category of gaming templates you’re looking for. Placeit has templates for logos, animated logos, Twitch banners, Twitch overlays, video intros, and more.
- Once you’ve made a choice, browse through the selection, and choose the option that you like the most.
- After that, start customizing the template’s text, colors, and so on. Make sure to incorporate some movement into your logo design if you’re going for a logo.
- When you’re done making adjustments, download your design.
Things That Could Use Improvement
Perfection isn’t attainable, not even by superb services like Placeit. Although Placeit is a very viable choice for novice designers and marketers, more experienced designs, branding, and technology definitely aren’t in the means of this service.
There are many editing features and integrations that professional web designers may need but not find. This includes a lack of gif support, advanced cropping options, and realistic blurring.
What’s more, Placeit might seem a little pricey if you don’t subscribe to the membership package. And even then, unless your business produces a huge amount of merchandise, you may not be getting a good deal or ROI levels.
It also doesn’t give you enough format and resolution options when it comes to downloading your content. And for a very creative artist, the fonts may not be enough, and there’s no way to upload custom ones.
Although customer service is tough to reach, be it through the email address or on the phone, they get back to you pretty quickly, are very helpful, professional, and provide excellent customer support. And generally, almost every Placeit review commends its services.
Also, Placeit has a compulsory three-month membership. They keep charging your credit card even after that, so you should remember to cancel your membership if you don’t want to remain subscribed to the service.
Placeit Print On Demand
Print on demand is where a small amount of a product or a single product, like images or text, is printed to order. This typically involves digital technology.
For example, if you’re selling a t-shirt, a print on demand company provides you with a blank one, allows you to upload your design onto the shirt, and when you’re satisfied with the mockup, you can start marketing for and selling your item.
After making some sales, the print on demand service then makes up the orders and ships them directly to the designated customers. Sounds great, huh? That’s definitely true, and you can utilize Placeit for this purpose, but as an intermediary.
Placeit site isn’t a print on demand tool and certainly doesn’t deliver physical items, neither to you nor to your customers. However, you can connect a print on demand service with the tools provided by Placeit to produce branded wares.
In other words, you can run a print on demand service alongside Placeit and have the two services complement each other. You can even follow this mechanism to enhance your dropshipping business to a whole other level.
How Much Does Placeit Cost?
Placeit pricing really depends on how you’ll be using it. You can go for a monthly Placeit subscription that costs $14.95 or an annual Placeit subscription for $99.95. Whatever your plan is, you’ll get free access to all of Placeit’s design templates, videos, logos, and mockups.
However, you can always buy per item. For example, you can pay a one-time fee of $39.95 for a single logo plan.
If what Placeit has to offer doesn’t cut it for you, the pricing doesn’t suit you, or you don’t find it very effective for your mockups and designs, you can choose a Placeit alternative.
For one, SmartMockups is a pretty viable choice. This app comes with a library that includes more than 23 categories of high-quality images that you can use to create superb mockups. But the best part is that it comes at a super affordable subscription of $9 per month.
It enables you to integrate with other design applications, including Dropbox, Marvel, and Canva.
Alternatively, you can use MediaModifier. This online mockup generator comes with a user-friendly drag and drop operation mechanism. With more than 1,448 mockups and ones that are added weekly, you get some of the best options for an affordable price.
This mockup tool comes with a subscription-free Basic plan, a $14.90 subscription for 24 hours, and a full annual subscription for $166.80.
Also, you can use Mockupsjar. This is your best bet if you’re looking for a combination of quality and affordability. However, it doesn’t give you as many choices as other mockup tools do, stopping somewhere a little above 500 mockups.
You can go for a $13 annual subscription or a monthly subscription for $39.
Finally, you can check out InVision. This digital platform has one of the best customer experiences, intuitive design tools, and plenty of educational resources.
Is Placeit Worth It?
If you’re a business that creates plenty of mockups per month or per year, including business cards, clothing, videos, coupons, what have you, then it’s definitely worth every penny. Its one-time subscription to make a logo, for one, is pretty expensive, but worth it.
Also, if you’ll be creating many standalone designs or will be using the logo maker often, it might cost a lot to go about this in any other way than a monthly or annual subscription.
However, if you don’t need to visualize a design for your business that often, then you’d better save the money. Yes, its subscriptions aren’t very expensive anyway, but for a business, every penny really counts.
Is Placeit Free?
I wouldn’t say there’s exactly a Placeit free trial as you can use the site without even entering your email. However, signing up by email allows you to explore more options and designs, and a subscription allows you to download your designs after having customized them.
How Do I Download from Placeit for Free?
There isn’t a way to download from Placeit for free. Without a subscription, you’ll be given the prompt with the price for a standalone mockup (video, business card, photo, etc.). The only time that you can download without paying is when you create a monthly or annual subscription.
For whatever mockup you create, Placeit sends you an email to notify you of what you’ve created.
Now that we’ve gone over through the Placeit review, you’ve hopefully formed a better idea regarding whether Placeit is a suitable website for you to create mockups, videos, logos, and social media posts.
I can definitely say that Placeit boosts your branding game and takes the stress off many tasks that consume time and energy. Placeit provides a simple, quick, and accessible process to establish itself as a seamless service, even if you have no previous design knowledge or skills.
Equipped with thousands of designs, templates, and mockups, it’ll be super easy to create a personal vibe and style for your business. Whether you want to create a video, business cards, banners, book covers, or anything else, Placeit probably has plenty of options related to it.
0.0 out of 5
Write a review