Increasing website traffic for whatever end can be a total nightmare. The fact of the matter is that if you expect a website to be profitable, or even just to get a lot of traffic coming in, there are steps that need to be taken. A website is not going to get a large number of visitors simply for existing. When it comes to PPC and SEO campaigns, these are of course good ideas, but the competition knows this as well.
If you want to outrank, outperform, and outsell the competition, you need to know what they are doing and how they are doing it, and this is where SpyFu comes into play. It’s all about knowing exactly what keyword and PPC strategies and methods the competition is using, so you can do the same, but better.
What SpyFu Does
SpyFu, simply put, spies on your competition and it helps to expose the secret formulas, methods, and strategies which your competition is putting to use to drive website traffic, returns, and in many cases, to drive sales. The whole point of SpyFu is to help websites increase organic traffic, mainly through the use and analysis of keywords and SEO, but through other methods as well. Whether you want better SEO campaigns than the competition, PPC campaigns, or both, SpyFu is something that can help anybody achieve this. It’s all about allowing you to see what makes other sites successful or failures, and then learning from that information.
How SpyFu Works
SpyFu works by allowing you to search the domain of any website, so in this case your competitors. SpyFu will then display every keyword they’ve bought on Adwords, every organic rank, and every ad variation in the last 13 years. SpyFu will then provide you with recommendations and steps moving forward so you can outrank, outmatch, and outsell the competition at every turn. It’s more or less a way for you to take, innovate, and improve other people’s traffic-driving strategies to make them work better for your own site.
Features of SpyFu
SpyFu comes with quite a few features, and it’s mostly all about PPC and SEO campaigns, and how to make them better in relation to the competition.
PPC Competitor Research
One of the things which SpyFu excels at is doing PPC competitor research, so you can get more out of every click. This is all about running the right kind of pay-per-click campaign to improve click numbers, turnover, and hopefully sales. Here are some of the features included with the PPC competitor research function.
- The Adwords keyword spy tool to search for competitors, download their PPC keywords, and see how many clicks per keyword they get, and how much they get paid for it
- The ability to find out and research keywords which competitors are using, ones that you don’t already use
- The ability to visual your competitors’ AdWords keywords in groups to see which groups are the most effective
- PPC negative keyword recommendations to see which words you are wasting money on
- Monitor PPC competitors to see who is bidding on your PPC keywords
- Recommendations for which keywords you should be using when compared to competitors
- Testing and gauging the strength and success of keyword and SEO campaigns from competitors
- PPC ad rank tracker to track your own ranking progress
SEO Competitor Research
SpyFu will also spy on competitors’ SEO campaigns to give you an upper hand.
- Research competitors’ SEO keywords
- 3 way competitor keyword research tool
- Complete keyword ranking histories
- Check competitor’s backlinks by keywords
- Spy on your SEO competition
- Keyword group analysis tool
- Custom branded SEO client reports
- Influencer marketing and social outreach for backlinks
- Tracking your SEO keyword rankings.
Keyword Research Tools
Driving traffic often has to do with keywords.
- Google keyword tool alternative to generate targeted keyword ideas.
- PPC test ad winners and losers to learn the tricks of the most successful advertisers for any keyword.
- Keyword grouper tool to paste lists of keywords and organize them into groups.
- Quality backlinks for specific keywords to increase rankings.
- Provided AdWords keyword advice for your SEO campaign.
- PPC & SEO SERP analysis to find specific ranking factors for each keyword.
- SEO keyword ranking history to track the ranking history of any page.
Who SpyFu is Best Suited For
SpyFu is a great tool, one that is ideal for everybody to use. If you are engaged in a PPC campaign, SEO campaign, or both, then SpyFu is a fantastic resource to have at your disposal. Once again, in order for your own SEO and PPC campaigns to rank as high as possible, and to be as effective as can be, you do need to know exactly what the competition is doing and how their strategies are performing. We would recommend anyone running a keyword, SEO, and/or PPC campaign to use SpyFu.
SpyFu does come with a number of plans, which includes basic, professional, and a team plan.
- Basic plan – $39 monthly or annual plan for $33 monthly.
- Pro plan – $78 monthly or annual plan for $58 monthly.
- Team plan – $299 monthly or annual plan for $199 monthly.
Does SpyFu come with a money-back guarantee?
Yes, if you are not happy with the service, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Can I research specific sites with SpyFu?
Yes, you can research and analyze specific domains with SpyFu.
Does SpyFu come with assistant or support?
Yes, there is a customer support team, as well as a library of over 200 tutorial videos.
The bottom line is that when it comes to finding out what the competition is doing, what traffic building strategies they are taking advantage of, how they run their PPC campaigns, and how they use SEO, SpyFu is one of the best tools out there to keep track of this. Remember, building a good website, even one with great SEO is not always enough to attract the attention of the public. You need to do better than the competition, which means having to know what the competition is up to, and this is exactly what SpyFu can do for you.